21 September 2010

30-08-2010

Set to with removing a lot more of the exterior features today , The rear lights, the Head lights and getting to grips with some of the reams of cabling that are running to the rear of the car.
I must admit to a bit of frustration with the screws holding things on! they are obviously original as most of them have firmly rusted into place! one screw snapped when I turned it so that's one less holding the rear light on!!
I have also managed to remove the rear boot catch inside the car, the chrome one and light unit on the outside just dont want to move!! so I'll remove these later when I have further help. Having now taken off the rear light fittings It is apparent that this car was Yellow at some point!!

The wire mess! I have pulled the plugs out from the back and unscrewed the unit from the front.
Glass covers off revealing the bulbs, the unit is unscrewed from the 4 corners

Rear showing both sets of lights removed, fuel tank visible, this is in good nick too, just needs tidying up with a paint finish/powdercoat etc.
Inside the bootspace where the rear lights were (this is the Near side rear one)
Rear Boot catch (now removed)
Cabling run to the rear of the car (looking frontwards towards the seats)
With this done and my failure to remove the rear bumpers, (the bolts are rusted solid!) I turned my attention to a few other things.
I decided to unscrew this panel and drop down just to see what I was up against!
I unscrewed the centre dash fascia and had a look inside great to see a good condition heater unit but what I did notice was that the two pull knobs for heater and choke (labelled) were actually decorative! there was no wiring going to them! probably can get away with removing them altogether as My dads V6 doesn't have a choke pull at all and I think other owners have done away with them too.
Decorative choke and heater pull switches
This will be my last bit of work for a couple of weeks, as I'm off on the Luxembourg 2010 rally. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment