18 October 2022

May 2021 The Repaint reveal

 Following my last post A lot has happened, (I'm writing retrospectively now as keeping up with the project at the time it was all happening was a challenge with tonnes of other commitments going on at the same time.

The previous post detailed the body prep and prime it took a great deal of time, a couple of weeks infact until I received the pictures I'd waited years to see and get to this point in of the project. 

Below are the images of the repaint, I cant really put it into words how awesome this looks after the event, some of my friends that had listened to me go on and on about this project since day one were blown away with the colour and the finish and the colour I had chosen here was Ferrari Le Mans blue code 516C








Pictures really do say a thousand words in this case, after 11 years of project at this point it was quite an emotional thing to see it in final colour, after years of selecting colours which I may have aluded to in one of my previous posts, there were up to 15 different colours on the table at one point, due to costs associated with spraying up test boards, I whittled it down to 2 very quickly!! Ferrari Tour De France Blue and Ferrari Le Mans Blue.

Le Mans Won it hands down in the end due to it having less silver speckles within it and therefore lending itself as a colour better to my much older car. already over 50 years old when at this point. 

Ill include another post after this one that will go over some of the fit out of the car. My dad has lent a lot of his time to Redline Sportscars to help with Marcos work, due to being quite knowledgeable with the cars and because of the sheer amount of work Redline have been getting in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment